linemen, but the Lions just don’t have the talent to justify another roster spot. And, no, I’m not buying the Beau Benzs

Informacje o terminach i wymaganiach jakie stawiane są uczestnikom - komentarze o imprezach które się odbyły.
Regulamin forum
Tematy zaczynamy od miejscowości.
Np.: Lublin - Fryzjerska Wiosna 26 luty 2008
elaine95
Szkoleniowiec
Szkoleniowiec

linemen, but the Lions just don’t have the talent to justify another roster spot. And, no, I’m not buying the Beau Benzs

Post autor: elaine95 » 16 wrz 2019, 03:46

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)The Indianapolis Colts finally made a splashy signing Monday night.It should make Andrew Luck happy T.J. Hockenson Jersey 2019 , too.After adding only one player in the first five days of free agency, the Colts agreed to a deal with former Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron. Contract terms were not immediately available.”I fell in love with the coaching staff. I fell in love with the GM, I fell in love with the staff and that’s kind of what pushed the envelope for me to want to be here,” Ebron told local reporters on a conference call. ”I really felt a lot of love and was shown a lot of support for my game, my family, the things I wanted to accomplish and at the end of the day, my goals.”It’s a chance for Ebron to start over.The Lions drafted the highest-rated tight end in 2014 in the first round but Ebron never quite lived up to the hype.In four seasons, he had 186 receptions, 2,070 yards and 11 TDs in 56 career games. He didn’t appear in all 16 games until last season when he caught 53 passes for 574 yards and four touchdowns.Even worse, he developed a reputation for dropping passes – a problem Ebron said stemmed from a lack of mental focus and a problem he plans to fix next season.Ultimately, that was enough for Detroit to cut ties with Ebron last week.The Colts, however, thought enough of Ebron’s potential to give him another shot. He is expected to be paired with Jack Doyle, who made his first Pro Bowl last season, and Erik Swoope, a former college basketball player who had moved to No. 2 on the Colts’ depth chart.”It’s a fresh start, it’s a whole new ordeal, it’s a whole new world really that you’re stepping into,” Ebron said. ”It’s definitely something to look forward to. Obviously, you get to play the game that you love for another season. You just have to enjoy it.”Ebron joins Denico Autry, a backup defensive lineman with the Raiders last season, as Indy’s only free-agent additions so far.It’s not likely to be the last move made by general manager Chris Ballard, who has long espoused he prefers to draft and develop players rather than overspending in free agency.Autry and Ebron both appear to fit the blueprint.But Ballard did make a lot of noise Saturday with a trade that sent the No. 3 overall pick in next month’s draft to the New York Jets, who will presumably take a quarterback. In exchange the Colts got the No. 6 overall pick, two second-round picks this year and the Jets’ second-round pick in 2019.The move gives Indy four picks in the top 50 this year and three picks in the first two rounds next year – all of which made Indianapolis an even better choice in Ebron’s mind.”Growing up Color Rush T.J. Hockenson Jersey , I’ve never really been a fan of things that are already great because then what’s the point of really joining it?” Ebron said. ”I’ve always been a fan of trying to make something better, and I feel like I can do that with my talent and my abilities here. I feel like with Andrew Luck coming back and playing along with Jack, I feel like we can create something that most teams would want.”— Our latest projection for the Lions’ 2019 53-man roster." Detroit Lions RosterDetroit Lions OpinionDetroit Lions 53-man roster prediction: Preseason Week 3New,44commentsOur latest projection for the Lions’ 2019 53-man roster.EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Detroit Lions 53-man roster prediction: Preseason Week 3TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Leon Halip/Getty ImagesIt’s been three weeks since I’ve made a 53-man roster prediction, and a lot has changed since. We’ve seen two preseason games, a few players have been on and off the injury list, and position battles have shifted drastically. So it’s time to revisit my predictions and take a crack at who may be on this team when the team has to make cuts in under two weeks. Quarterbacks (2)IN: Matthew Stafford, Tom SavageOUT: David Fales, Josh JohnsonChanges: NoneThis, admittedly, is simply a leap of faith. There has been no update on Savage’s concussion suffered in the preseason opener, which either means that this is a severe concussion that could potentially mean the end of Savage’s football career or that the Lions are simply taking their time with him and not rushing him back. I choose to take the optimistic outlook.Fales and Johnson haven’t shown me enough to believe either are capable of being the long-term option at backup. Running backs (5)IN: Kerryon Johnson, C.J. Anderson, Zach Zenner, Ty Johnson, Nick Bawden (FB)OUT: Mark ThompsonChanges: NoneMark Thompson showed some progress in preseason game two, but this still seems like a foregone conclusion. Tight ends (4)IN: T.J. Hockenson, Jesse James, Logan Thomas, Isaac NautaOUT: Jerome Cunningham, Austin TraylorChanges: NoneThe big question here is the status of Isaac Nauta. There’s little question to me that the Lions would prefer to carry four tight ends. We’ve seen throughout the preseason and training camp just how much this offense values versatile tight ends.Nauta hasn’t helped himself with drops over the last couple of weeks, but I think we tend to all overreact to drops, especially in this case. Nauta didn’t have a drop problem in college and he looked fine in the first few weeks of camp. I’m not going to overreact here. Wide receivers (5)IN: Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr., Danny Amendola, Chris Lacy Cheap T.J. Hockenson Jersey , Brandon PowellOUT: Deontez Alexander, Jonathan Duhart, Travis Fulgham, Andy Jones, Tom Kennedy, Jordan Lasley, Tommylee LewisChanges: Lacy in, Kearse out; Powell in, Fulgham outThe reserve wide receiver jobs remain wide open, and there still doesn’t seem to be much of a consensus among writers who is leading the pack. If anyone is distancing himself from the pack, it’s Chris Lacy, and that has more to do with him getting first-team reps than anything he’s actually producing on the field.For the fifth spot, I handed it to Brandon Powell, simply because the Lions seem to like him, too. He’s getting plenty of reps at returner, we’ve seen some gadget plays with him in the past, and the Lions could probably use a slot receiver option if the injury bug hits Danny Amendola (again). Of all the position groups, however, I have the least confidence in this one. Offensive linemen (8)IN: Taylor Decker, Kenny Wiggins, Frank Ragnow, Graham Glasgow, Rick Wagner, Joe Dahl, Tyrell Crosby, Andrew DonnalOUT: Oday Aboushi T.J. Hockenson Jersey Womens , Leo Koloamatangi, Ryan Pope, Beau Benzschawel, Micah St. Andrew, Luke Bowanko, Matt NelsonChanges: Aboushi outA lot of this rests in Tyrell Crosby’s long-term status. His injury suffered in Week 1 of the preseason is unknown in severity, but we do know that the Lions immediately moved Wiggins to tackle, which is probably not a great sign. Still, I’ll take the conservative route and assume he’ll be back. Wiggins’ versatility, in my opinion, make Oday Aboushi redundant. Whether Wiggins or Dahl wins the starting left guard job, the ‘loser’ will provide a ton of position versatility for the team. Aboushi can’t make that same claim. Meanwhile, the team could probably use another backup tackle, so Donnal makes it by default. It may be a little risky running with just eight offensive linemen, but the Lions just don’t have the talent to justify another roster spot. And, no, I’m not buying the Beau Benzschawel hype yet. Defensive linemen (8)IN: Da’Shawn Hand, Damon Harrison Sr., A’Shawn Robinson, Mike Daniels, Trey Flowers, Romeo Okwara, Eric Lee, Kevin StrongOUT: Fred Jones, Ray Smith, P.J. Johnson Da’Shawn Hand Jersey , Jonathan Wynn, Mitchell Loewen, John AtkinsChanges: Strong in, Johnson outThe top six defensive linemen are as set in stone as could possibly be. From there, it’s completely unknown. Eric Lee has been getting a ton of playing time early in preseason games, but hasn’t exactly flashed positively. However, I don’t have anyone else I can justify putting ahead of him.Lions seventh-round pick P.J. Johnson just doesn’t look ready yet, so I’m putting Kevin Strong—who is way undersized to be a prototypical Matt Patricia defensive linemen—in instead. Strong has just been making play after play in training camp, and I can’t deny him any longer, despite his unusual fit in this defense. Linebackers (6)IN: Devon Kennard, Jahlani Tavai, Jarrad Davis, Christian Jones, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Miles KillebrewOUT: Garret Dooley, Anthony Pittman, Steve Longa, Malik CarneyIR: Austin BryantChanges: Killebrew in, Bryant out (IR) I hate predicting injuries, but I think Austin Bryant has a good chance of landing on IR. There’s no need to rush him into the defense, and his injury seemed significant enough at the time to justify the move. It’s easy enough to slip Miles Killebrew into his spot, as the fourth-year linebacker/safety has played extremely well in the preseason and brings plenty on special teams to justify the roster spot. Cornerbacks (6)IN: Darius Slay, Rashaan Melvin, Justin Coleman, Amani Oruwariye, Jamal Agnew Tracy Walker Jersey , Teez TaborOUT: Andre Chachere, Mike Ford, Dee Virgin, Jamar Summers, Johnathan AlstonChanges: Tabor in, Marcus Cooper out (already released)Teez Tabor is a hard guy to slot right now. He was trending to be an easy keep this year until an injury has had him sidelined for over two weeks now. Unfortunately for Detroit, they haven’t really shown enough depth to justify having anyone jump him in the depth chart. They’ve brought in a few new faces in Summers and Alston, but I’ll need to see more of both before I slot them a roster spot. Safeties (6)IN: Quandre Diggs, Tracy Walker, Will Harris, Andrew Adams, Charles Washington, Tavon WilsonOUT: C.J. MooreChanges: Tavon Wilson inBy cutting the extra offensive linemen, it gives the Lions the opportunity to keep pretty much all of their talented safeties. Of the six I’m keeping, I think Charles Washington is the one with the least job security, even if he is one of the team’s best special teamers. He hasn’t shown much as a defender, and if you’re going to be carried on the gameday 46-man roster, you better bring it defensively in case of injury. Special teams (3)IN: Matt Prater, Sam Martin, Don Muhlbach OUT: Ryan SantosoSame as it ever was.

Odpowiedz
meble wrocław warszawa kraków